Sunday, February 13, 2011

Christian Valentine Poems

I found a lot of Valentine poems written by Joanna Fuchs. The poems sound like something you would find in a Hallmark card. Maybe she was the one who wrote them! There are a lot of it in the internet. Check it out yourself if you like : http://www.poemsource.com/valentine-poems.html

So I scrolled and searched and I read all these lovely and sweet little Valentine poems but at the very end, I found a poem that was something like what I wanted to write. It is a Christian Valentine poem inspired by 1 Corinthians 13, the famous Bible verse on love.


1 Corinthians 13

by Joanna Fuchs


Valentine's Day is a day of love,
For showing that we care,
And if we read the Bible,
God describes love there:

If we speak like celestial angels
From heaven up above,
All our words mean nothing
If we don’t have Christian love.

Love is patient, love is kind;
It doesn’t brag or boast;
Love conquers pride and envy;
It is never self-engrossed.

Love is not rude or angry;
Forgiveness counters wrong;
Love stays away from evil;
It sings a truthful song.

Love is full of trust and hope;
It always perseveres;
Love never fails; It’s faithful;
To the Bible it adheres.

And if you give this kind of love
To your special Valentine,
You’ll be loving right in harmony
With God’s own sweet design.


And then I clicked on the link to Christian Valentine poems and there are so much more! Joanna Fuchs is going to be one of my favorite poets now. Not because she writes Christian Valentine poems specifically, but because all her poems are so good and meaningful, Christian or not.

This poem touched my heart. It talks about God's Valentine's gift to us. He gave the most precious thing he had. He did not hold back anything from us because he loves us so much. He gave everything.


God's Valentine Gift

by Joanna Fuchs


God’s Valentine gift of love to us
Was not a bunch of flowers;
It wasn’t candy, or a book
To while away the hours.

His gift was to become a man,
So He could freely give
His sacrificial love for us,
So you and I could live.

He gave us sweet salvation, and
Instruction, good and true--
To love our friends and enemies
And love our Savior, too.

So as we give our Valentines,
Let’s thank our Lord and King;
The reason we have love to give
Is that He gave everything.


God's love always always always blows my mind because its too awesome, too wonderful and too amazing to comprehend. This Valentine, I'm reminded of how much He loves me and the world that He gave His beloved son to die for us so that we might live and find hope in this world. You want to know how much God loves you? Just look at Jesus with his arms stretched out on the cross, and he says to you:"I love you this much. I would rather die than live without you."

There are so many more Christian Valentine poems: http://www.poemsource.com/Christian-valentine-poems.html

Whatever it is, you will surely find a poem that expresses your love to specific loved ones this Valentine. I certainly did!

I pray that you will come to know and experience more of God's love in a deeper and personal way.

God bless you all!

No comments: